Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Two Weeks! Well 13 days 21 hours and 5 mins but whos counting...?

I'm sitting at work with very little to do and Europe on my mind. I have just 7 more work days remaining before boarding the plane! It feels like I have a ton to do in very little time but the time is going by so slowly! I am all about making lists and rather then crossing things off, the "travel" list seems to grow each day! Just a portion of the list includes:
  • Buy a small camera
  • Haircut*
  • Find a paper back version of Raptor Red 
  • Work on the beach body (its currently 82 degrees in Lisbon)
  • Study up on destinations, customs and etiquette
I want to be as prepared as possible so I don't miss out on anything. I continue to get suggestions from anyone who has been to Europe or traveled in general. According to Kathleen I must make sure to have Kender Eggs in Germany, Sarah insists I keep a detailed travel journal and Shanna challenges me to beat the 1,500 photos her and Riley took on their trip! (This should be easy considering I have about a month more time) And of course my awesome parents! Mom makes sure to tell me all of the motherly things like making sure to keep track of all my paperwork, cash and always ends the conversations with an uplifting "You are going to have a great time." And my Dad, who is always good for the lighter side of these type of things, instructs me to watch Euro Trip to see the perils of the Red Light District in Amsterdam! Coming from them all of this information is well appreciated!


As you can see from the list above the haircut is an important piece of the final preparations. When in Vegas Jonny, Mike and myself rocked the "Bro-Hawks" for the trip. Yes, this is extremely cheesy and borderline douchy but it is just another fun thing to do! I have been thinking for this trip I need to step it up a notch and that includes the hair-do! I have a plan for a cut that should be fun and help me fit in a bit better across the pond. I've mentioned it to a few people and the reviews are mixed but I'm hoping I can pull it off! And yes, I am avoiding saying what it is so you will just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment